Empty Nesters Look to Pierce for Luxury Lifestyle
Pierce in Rosslyn Popular with arlington Downsizers
While the space and comforts of the family home have been a real blessing for many Washington-DC area empty nesters, all of this time at home may be cultivating some yearning for major change when the pandemic lifts. Pierce in Rosslyn fits the bill for an excited next chapter without leaving town.
Downsizers tell us the primary features they consider when choosing condo living include:
- Access to Vibrant Neighborhood
- Luxurious, Maintenance-Free Living
- Square Footage and
- “Extra” Space
- Security and Convenience
Lock and Leave Spotlight: Pierce
Empty nesters thinking about making a move from a long-time home in the suburbs to a Lock and Leave lifestyle are taking a close look at Pierce, a luxury high-rise under construction in Rosslyn. We’re hearing quite a buzz of anticipation around this building because it checks so many of the boxes that appeal to both empty nesters and retirees in Arlington.
Cynthia, one of our downsizing clients, recently shared the reasons she and her husband are strongly considering a move to Pierce next year:
1. The location appeals to long-time Arlingtonians.
Pierce’s placement in the neighborhood provides for easy access to a grocery store, shopping and restaurants. Cynthia says another big draw for them is “a community where we can volunteer, like our favorite local non-profits and HB Woodlawn School, up the hill.” The building is also walkable to both Courthouse and Rosslyn Metro Stations, and is a very quick trip to Reagan National airport.
2. The building is suited to staying mobile.
One-level living and easy elevator access is a big win for those who want to plan ahead for living with less mobility as they age. Cynthia points out that easy access to a gym factors into their decision as well, as that can help them keep their mobility longer.
3. They can make use of the building’s common areas for private entertaining.
Many downsizers are nervous about losing their guest room when they downsize. Pierce offers options for entertaining friends and family. Like many downsizers, Cynthia says that the issue of entertaining is “the reason why we’ve held onto our larger home even though our kids have left home.” The ability to reserve space as needed solves the problem.
4. They see the value in having 24-7 Concierge Services.
The concierge services are a big draw as well. Pierce offers a 24-hour concierge, an on-site porter, and other amenities that make life more convenient, and also make it easier to leave on extended travel.
5) “Oh yes–and the view!”
Owners at Pierce will enjoy sweeping views of Washington DC and the Potomac River. For those empty nesters and retirees coming off of years of hard work and home maintenance in the suburbs, owning a luxury home with spectacular views is an apt reward.
Features of the Pierce lifestyle include:
- Hotel-Style Lobby
- 27 stories with 104 residences
- One, Two, and Three Bedroom Options
- Premium views of Potomac and DC skyline
- Entertainment space and common areas
- Business center with conference room
- Bike storage and guest parking
- Penthouse lounge
- Reception lounge
- Mail room
- Package room
- Floor to ceiling Windows
- Chef-inspired kitchens with oversized islands
- Quartz countertops
- Wine refrigerators
- Hardwood flooring
- Thermador & Snaidero appliances
- Generous-sized rooms with ample closet space
- Exquisite master bathrooms with heated flooring
- Large private balconies on most residences
- Direct access elevator in many residences
- 24 hour concierge
- Access to the resort-style Evo rooftop with pool, lounge areas and an outdoor kitchen
- Dual-level fitness center and access to Vida Fitness on-site
- Dog washing station
- Assigned Parking
- On-site porter
- On-site management
Would you like to be living like this a year from now?
We can get you there, and manage the entire process from start to finish. We’ll help you:
- Find and purchase the perfect residence.
- Determine what to bring with you, and what to do with everything else.
- Prepare and sell your current home.
- Plan and carry out your move.
- Perfect your new surroundings.
You’ll have one point of contact and a seamless process delivered by qualified, vetted local businesses. Contact us today to set your dream in motion.